Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What We Cannot Fix

The following is an incomplete list of things neither you nor I can fix, change or repair.


Other people – you cannot change another human being. Period.

The past – has happened, it’s over, move on!

Toxic neighborhoods – if the entire police force of a city cannot change a neighborhood, why would you think Little Miss You can?

Racism – see 'Other people'

Players/Ballers/Pimps – again reference 'Other people'

Black love – if you love somebody and you’re black….we’re done. I guess I was wrong, we can fix this one!!!! ;-)

Sexism – umm….yeah…men…….see 'Other people'

Colorblindness – if someone tells you they don’t see color, I would suggest an eye exam. Willful blindness is not tolerance or racial justice; it’s ignorance! ….see 'Racism'

Criminals/Ex-cons/Thugs – do I even have to explain??

Psychopaths/ Human predators – see above

Black Community – if you cannot change someone else, how can you change a bunch of them?


There is a saying. ‘God grant me the strength to change the things I can change; the ability to accept the things I cannot change; and the wisdom to know the difference.’

Discerning the difference allows you to pour your resources into what will benefits you rather than deplete you. This is not being selfish; rather this is you acting in your best interest. Your time, money, energy, creativity are not infinite. Use your resources wisely.

Peace

No comments: